This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is a doozy. They ask what top ten series I’d like to start but haven’t yet.
I love reading series, but still have more on my TBR shelf than on the already read shelf, which can be problematic since series take up much more space than singles. So, if I were to tackle this eye-sore (a pleasant one, don’t get me wrong), I would go by the following list.
Yes, I know it’s more than ten. (Trust me, this is only the tip of the iceberg.)
- Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld
- Inspector Lynley by Elizabeth George
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro by Dennis Lehane
- The Mistress of the Art of Death series by Ariana Franklin
- Jackson Brodie by Kate Atkinson
- Pendragon’s Banner series by Helen Hollick
- Redwall Adventure series by Brian Jacque
- Quirke series by Benjamin Black (aka Jon Banville)
- Mary Russell Mysteries by Laurie R. King
- Jonathan Argyll series by Iain Pears
- The Finishing School series by Gail Carriger
- Lady Julia Grey by Deanna Raybourn
- Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
- Several series by Jean Plaidy: Queens of England, Plantagenet Saga, Stuart Saga, Tudor Saga
- Rob Ryan and Cassie Maddox series by Tana French
- Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett
For those of you who are series-aholics like I am, if you haven’t checked out FictFact.com, you should. Now.