As some of you may know, Dewey over at The Hidden Side of a Leaf is hosting a meme called “Weekly Geeks“. I signed up some time ago, but have just this week been able to participate. This week’s theme is, Photos Week. Here are the instructions:
1. Decide what to illustrate and start taking photos: Most of you are book bloggers, so you may want to post photos of your favorite reading spot, your TBR pile(s), your local book store, your favorite librarian, your child reading, etc. You may want to post several photos of a certain topic (like all nine of your kids reading!) or a mixed bag of photos that are unrelated except that they’re bookish. Or you may want to post just one photo, it’s up to you. If you have a different type of blog, post photos of whatever you think is suitable.
2. Create a post of your photos.
3. Don’t forget! Also link in your post to another participant’s WG photo post. Weekly Geeks is a community thing, remember! If you’re one of the first finished, of course, you may have to add your link later. See if you can find someone you don’t normally read to link to.
4. Once your post is up, come back and leave a link to that specific post (not just your regular blog url) in Mr Linky.
So I decided to take a “Book Tour” around my house and show you all my book-y places. What? No. Really? Surely you jest? You keep all your books where? In one place. Hmm. Mental note: a place to keep all my books. Together. In one place, as in one single spot.
Actually, all kidding aside, I am working on him, uh it. Believe it or not we are thinking of turning part of our walk-in closet into an office so I can have someplace other than the corner of the couch from where to work.
Yes, I said corner of the couch. Voila, my “work” area:
Moving on, we now come to my TBR pile stacks. Not too bad really. Until you figure that they only represent a little less half of what I challenged myself to read this year. Oh dear.
Now, personally, my favorite book-y place is in the kitchen. Hmmmmmmmmm. No, you’re not seeing double, there are two “The New Best Recipe” books. They are that good. Let me put it this way, if the house were burning down and I could only grab one cookbook, it would be the new one. (I’m going to give my 18-yr old the old one. Hint. Hint)
Just off the kitchen is where I keep all my quilting supplies, which include all the magazines I subscribe to or have purchased. These banker box magazine holders are perfect! If the camera angle had been better, you would be able to see that they are three deep.
Last, but not least, SHELVING! Well, sort of. This is a hall table I have commandeered for the books I have read and want to keep. Those I do not, are donated to the local library’s used book store. You may notice some figurines cowering underneath. We have been having a number of earthquakes where I live, and today two hit that were enough to knock some things off shelves. My son, knowing that those pieces mean a lot to me, he put them there until we are sure it will be safe to return them to the top of the table.
Now for the links to other Weekly Geekers who have some lovely posts about their book-y places:
(1) Katherine over at A Girl Walks Into A Bookstore is like me and just recently got her first digital camera. She has some great pics and a wonderful blog. I only have one thing to say about her WG #7 post — it has given me some SERIOUS shelf envy. Head on over and see what I mean.
(2) Another blog I visited for the first time as a result of WG is Jackie’s Literary Escapism. I just love the look of her blog and how she approached this weeks theme.
(3) Okay. One more really nice blog that I was unaware of is Melissa’s Book Nut. I just couldn’t get over how adorable her pictures were.
I must say that the quality of the above blogs was amazing and I urge any (okay, all three) of my readers to check them out.
This has been a real fun WG theme. I hope you enjoyed it too.